Money-saving tips to leverage with Bolt
With many people having resumed their daily schedules and plenty of errands to run, we are at that time of the year when many are probably feeling the pinch of cash. Even if you didn’t go into debt over the holiday season, you are probably feeling the stresses and strains of January. Whether it’s a trip to the market, a ride to work, or a visit to loved ones, these errands could definitely put a dent on your pocket.
But this doesn’t have to be your story. If you’re someone who uses ride-hailing services frequently, then you already know how convenient and reliable ride-hailing can be, and you don’t want mundane January to get in the way of your comfort.
Here are some easy money-saving hacks to take advantage of in 2022 with Bolt:
- Take rides at off-peak hours: Save money by requesting rides at times when traffic is less congested. Consider requesting rides before 6 am in the morning, at 3 pm and after 9 pm when heading back home in the evening, to save money on rides on weekdays. This would leave you with a little extra cash every day of the month.
- Share rides with friends: Why take rides alone, when you can share with friends that are going in the same direction as you? Rather than ride solo, share rides with 2-3 of your friends or colleagues, and split the bill or take turns paying at the end of each ride. You can now add up to 3 stops on your trip to pick up your friends or family on the way to any venue. Using multiple destinations means that you can save on trips, as you can now ride together from different locations without having to individually request a ride. This saves you time and money! Tap on the ‘+’ on the right side of the address box to create an additional stop to your ride.
- Use Bolt Lite:Capitalize on this affordable category and make savings on your rides this season. Using the Lite category will make the cost of your ride
- Take advantage of the amazing discounts: Why pay for more when you can pay less? Bolt regularly offers its customers amazing discounts while compensating drivers. It’s a win-win situation! In addition, Bolt food also has great discounts as they deliver fresh food from the best restaurants, at your convenience.
- Refer friends and family: One of the easiest ways to save money on Bolt is by referring to other passengers. Simply share your unique promo code, found in the Bolt app under promotions. Once your invitee has enjoyed their discounted ride using your promo
The beauty is that all these trips are structured and monitored making them safe and secure. Bolt has an emergency SOS button, embedded with emergency tracking options and improved auto location trailing features for medical or security emergencies, where a driver, a passenger or another road user is in an emergency during a Bolt ride
Additional safety features such as Share your ETA, allows a passenger to share his/her live trip details with emergency contact numbers, thereby bolstering safety throughout the lifecycle of the passenger’s journey.
If you haven’t downloaded the app yet, do it today for free and enjoy quick, convenient, safe, and even more affordable rides.